Friday, March 30, 2012

American Girl House










shoe rack and closet.






















Grilling out and camping.






































































































































I took Kadence to the American Girl doll store for a girl weekend with a few friends. She loved it. She got a few things from the store and it was starting to take up a lot of room in her room. So I was thinking it would be cute to build her a American Girl House to put all her new stuff in. I got 2 bookshelfs from Ikea I think they were called Billy Bookshelfs. Then I just Mod Podged scrapebook paper to decorate each room. It was fun and Kadence helped me pick out the paper for each room. The little shelfs and wood furniture came from A.C.Moore, I just painted it to a color that would match the room. This was a fun project and Kadence just loves it, I even like playing with it. I made the art table and seat from wood pieces from A.C. Moore, and the TV from grass frame from Ikea, Fish bowl made from spice jar from Ikea. Scrapebook paper came from Hobby Lobby and A.C. Moore.

5 comments:

  1. Great job! I like that you managed to use shallow bookshelves - so hard with large scale furniture, but you made it work. I also love the camping and pet areas. The whole thing is adorable and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you use for the "chair rail" in each room. Is that some sort of ribbon or wood pieces?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute AND it would fit in many kids' rooms AND the fact that it is "skinny" might make it easier to play with than a deeper one. Love it and may make one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are like 50 different billy book cases on the ikea website did you just lay the book shelves on their sides and stack them that way and just adjust the shelves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to know the answer to this too! Thanks

      Delete